Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

10/24 and 10/25 Races

Saturday 10/24 Race

Race: Nik's Home Run 7k

Report: This was my first 7K, I haven's seen or heard of many 7K races. My race plan was to run with the lead group for a half mile. At a quarter mile we were running around 6 min pace so I decided to start pushing the pace. No one came with me. I ended up running the whole race solo and even caught the lead bike up a small incline. My splits were 5:15, 5:14, 5:12, 5:25. I ended up with a finishing time of 23:09 which I think is right around 26:30 for an 8K. I was really surprised to how well I ran, The temperature was nice but it was windy. During the 4th mile around a giant soccer field complex the wind was very noticeable but other than that a great day! Paige came to support me and she is pretty good a cheering! 

Sunday 10/25 Race

Race: Northwest Community Center Flapjack 5K

Report: This race was essentially an out and back along a bike path. The turn around made the course map look like a lollipop. Paige and I both raced. Paige won her age group. Her first ever age group win, and she got a new PR!!! I did not get a PR but was very happy with my race too. After registering and warming up I saw GR, he is part of the Tuesday morning workout group and is one of the faster guys. Seeing him, I knew I was going to have to run hard in order to win. After the first mile we were clear of the field. I started to push soon after and was able to separate myself from him. I kept pushing to the finish and was able to win with a time of 15:59. The weather was cool at the start and very little wind, perfect day for a race. My splits according to the mile markers on the course 5:20, 5:00, 5:10, 39s. Congrats to Paige on setting a PR and her first age group win!


1 comment: